June 20th, 2012 posted by Veronica
A “green” office goes beyond being environmentally friendly. While it is true that being green means here at Prairie Orthodontics we are trying to use a minimal amount of paper, it also means a lot more than just protecting our environment. Part of having a green office has to do with offering our patients technological advancements that we didn’t have years ago. It helps to create better efficiency for everyone.
Listed below are some of the steps we have taken to become closer to being a completely green office.
• Prairie Orthodontics incorporates Electronic Health Records so patient medical records are not only paperless but more secure.
• We utilize a state-of-the-art management system called Ortho Seasame which allows us to do many things electronically, including scheduling, billing, charting, sending paperless appointment reminders via email and SMS text messaging, and much more.
• Prairie Orthodontics performs all x-rays electronically which again reduces the use of paper products and also allows us to view images instantly and zoom in on exact points for a more detailed look.
• Our state of the art iTero Scanner limits the use of impression materials used to take molds of your teeth.
• Lastly, we have multiple websites where new patients are able to complete patient paperwork online and current patients can communicate electronically with our practice. (Visit us at www.prairieortho.com and/or www.facebook.com/prairieortho to check it out!)
We look forward to creating better efficiency in our office and helping the environment in the future. If you have any suggestions, please feel free to let us know.
Dr. Michael Weinberg